Sunday, May 22, 2011

Touche Dear Dress...Touche...

What a week from hell. "The Rapture" may not have happen to the rest of the world, but I can feel the wrath of God in my sewing room. We had a fitting today and it did NOT go well at all. The bodice fit isn't too terrible in the front, but the back has to be completely re-done. Apparently my Aunt Jackie wants to be able to lift her arms without the dress ripping apart. Stupid wedding dance traditions! Oh ANNNNND the midsection doesn't fit either. I have to figure out how to extend the ruched mid section in the back of the dress all while matching it with the skirt seams AHHHHHHHH! Did I mention the wedding is in 3 weeks?...

.....I'm losing it. The past 24 hours have been one big pin-pricking bluuur. In fact, Aunt Jackie will be walking down the isle with a few drops of blood..compliments of my thumb.

The biggest obstacle is my own laziness. In order for this dress to fit well, I'm going to have to manipulate the actually paper pattern. And that requires thinking. And measuring. And focus. And I am out of Red Bulls.

::Sigh:::

On the bright side, we did decide on a beautiful lace trim. Unfortunately, I didn't buy enough, so that is another trip to Joann's. Also the sleeves have been cut out and underlined with tulle. In this picture, the sleeves are just pinned on. When they are finished, the sleeves will have a cute little gathered "Poof" at the shoulder seam. Use your imagination. There will also be another layer on top of the white shirt. It is the same embroidered tulle as the sleeves.

Hopefully I will be able to get some good close ups once the pieces are sewn together. This bad boy is being held together with hundreds on pins. Our poor toes.

It is very late. I have some more dress nightmares to catch up on. Goodnight, I bid you Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment