Monday, May 2, 2011

Battle of the Royal Wedding Dress

Did we all watch the Royal Wedding? I sure did...so did my aunt. That afternoon, my dear aunt text me this:

Aunt Jackie: Question...is it too late to design my wedding dress like Princess Kate's?
Me: Do you want it exactly like Kate's?
Aunt Jackie: Yes.
    ::Cue beads of sweat running down face and nervous body twitches::
Me: Sure...but we are going to need to go shopping for a corset ASAP.
Aunt Jackie: A what? OH you mean that thing that brides wear that's poofy?
    ::/Facepalm::

TGG!!! (Thank God for Google), because if I was going to pull this off I needed to examine that dress from top to bottom. So after a slight freak out, excessive perspiration, and a "Hell No" look from my mother, I got my shit together and browsed the web for ANY dress pattern that was even remotely similar to Kate's wedding dress. Here is what I found:
I figured if I could find a white corset with a sweetheart neckline, then I could somehow attach the skirt to the corset and then sew on the same lace v-neck and sleeves that Princess Kate had. Eventually, I could figure out the back of the dress...Yes, it is so crazy it just might work! I purchased the pattern from Vogue's website and finally I could feel my heart beat slow down...I got this shit...

Feeling slightly more confident, I text my aunt back. I told her I would need some massive baby-sitting and I could set up a sewing home-base in her basement to allow for the maximum amount of sewing time. Wedding Dress Mission Impossible, My Ass!


Aunt Jackie: Ok...I hope you know I'm only joking about making the royal wedding dress.

                 :::::MUTHAFU-!!!!:::

Me: No. No, I did not know you were joking.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the bottom of the stress and I'm considering getting something similar for my own wedding do you know what company made the pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, this is a vogue pattern: http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v2979-products-7971.php?page_id=186

    ReplyDelete