Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Battle of the Wedding Dress...

So here's the deal, my Aunt Jackie is getting married in 2 months and I will be making her wedding dress! However, technically speaking I've only made one complete dress...it was a fairy costume..for a 5 year old....

Probably should have mentioned that to her. 

So begins the Battle of the Wedding Dress.


PREP

  You would think that most women (or men, I don't judge) already have a generally idea of what they want their wedding dress to look like. I mean, most of us have been preparing for "The Big Day" since we got our first Wedding Day Barbie (or whatever the hell she was called). Not the case with my dear Aunt Jackie. Here is how it went...
Me: So, what do you want your wedding dress to look like?
Aunt Jackie: I don't know.
Me: No problem. Who is your favorite designer, we can get some ideas from their dresses.
Aunt Jackie:...
Me: Ya know, for instance, do you like Vera Wang?
Aunt Jackie: Vera who?
Me: /facepalm

  We then decided to get out the handy dandy laptop and Google Image the hell out of "Wedding Dresses". And an hour later we were no closer to ANY wedding dress designs. I then decided to banish my aunt to Joann's to hunt down her dream wedding dress pattern and we would go from there. This is what she brought me:

 Ehhh. ::Crack Knuckles:: Time to get to work...

Digital Design
...And turn this bad prom dress into a fab wedding dress. I have an old photo program that I have been using since 2006 to edit images called Microsoft Digital Image Suite. And yes, I know Photoshop is better. Send me $600 and I'll start using photoshop. Until then, bear with the bad graphics and use your imagination. Basically, I Google Image a bunch of shit I want on the dress, and photo-collage it all together. Voila!
Theoretically, this is roughly how the dress should turn out. The "lace" is actually going to be this embroidered tulle and there will also be some embroidery on the opening. And it won't be as voluminous. I hope. If we had things my way, she would be going down that isle in something more like this...
But apparently this just isn't her bag, baby. I'll just have to save this style for my wedding dress...(Hint, Hint, you know who you are).


And that is all for tonight, folks. I'm pretty sure all the Mountain Dew I drank is giving me heart palpitations and a stomach ulcer. Time to hit the sack. Judo Chop!

Tomorrow: Fabric selection, Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhh! And some uber sexsay duct tape bondage body form.
You know you want to see that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment